Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Week 14: +3, Total 17



Oh man. I'm getting nowhere fast by having low carb treats. Plus 3 this week. I made a low carb chocolate mousse and I had some nuts. I had some toasted coconut - big shavings of organic coconut which I baked at 300 for about 10 minutes. Next time, I will add that to a coconut custard. I may have eaten some other things I can't even remember. I had some regular bread too.

My morning blood sugars have been between 99 and 108 for the last week. I need to prove to myself I can maintain 85 for a week! I've only maintained that for about 3 days.

I just had one more treat. I wanted to practice some recipes to use on my family when I have them over. I had read about cooking sliced apples separately and then adding to a pie. So here's what I did for a lower carb dessert:

1 sliced Golden Delicious Apple

Melt some butter in a skillet with the heat on medium low. Add the apple. Add cinnamon to taste and a light sprinkle of other spices such as ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Toss with the apple. Cover and cook for a few minutes. Toss and cook another few minutes. Sprinkle about 3 packets of Splenda. Serve warm with a splash of heavy cream.

No comments: